We are looking for an experienced test engineer capable of working closely with development teams to monitor performance and drive software and imaging quality higher. We are currently developing innovative new features, and we’re looking for top test engineers to ensure our very high quality bar is met and raised.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Fire phone. What will you help us create?
- Creating and maintaining software regression systems for current and new software projects
- Designing and building bespoke test equipment for lab usage
- Maintaining and extending Jenkins and python unit test systems
- Controlling software versioning and release for product builds
- Writing test plans and performing coverage analysis
- Able to develop innovative and flexible solutions to test challenging areas, esp in imaging/cameras
- Build test solutions where the problem is not well defined
You will be:
- A curious and creative person with ideas and a breadth of areas to draw on
- A questioning and logical thinker devoted to fearlessly driving quality higher by performing root cause analysis for bugs
- A hands-on team player willing to do what is required
- Able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple priorities.
- In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
- 5+ years overall test/QA experience
- Python or Perl required
- Bachelor of Engineering or similar technical background (Maths, Physics, Computer Science)
- Camera and imaging domain knowledge and experience
- Experience with Android software stack required
- Device testing, e.g. phones/tablets
- Git and gerrit
- Some knowledge of or interest in computer vision
- Familiarity with USB/DMX control of lab equipment
- Electronics experience