Working on Cambridge Consultants’ wireless projects, you will design and write embedded software for complex systems. In most cases this will involve working with one or more software or hardware engineers as part of a multidisciplinary project team. You may also participate in meetings with clients and potential clients from time to time and a small amount of travel may be involved. We define embedded software as software working at the electronics/software boundary and/or in a constrained environment (e.g. tight memory, low power).
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The design, development and test of whole software subsystems, sometimes on more than one project at once
- The design of interfaces between your code and that of other software engineers on the team
- Delivery of high-quality code, compliant with the client’s requirements
- Carrying out your specific project tasks within the timescales and budgets agreed with the project manager
- Defining regression tests to ensure that your software is robust and complies with the specification
With an appropriate background in embedded software, you will have a good degree in a relevant subject, such as electronic engineering or computer science.
- Experience in embedded software in C
- Experience in communications software
- Understanding of both hardware and software
- Understanding of build systems and source control
Experience of the following would be advantageous
- One or more scripting languages
- Web technologies
See more at: http://www.cambridgeconsultants.com/careers/find-a-job/embedded-software-engineer-161209#sthash.19cmqDta.dpuf