Join TTP’s Medical Devices team, establish and develop a role. Create the future.
Qualifications and training:
- A 1st or upper 2nd class degree in Industrial Design, mechanical or manufacturing engineering
- A postgraduate degree in Design, Human Factors, or Business would be beneficial
Skills and experience:
- 7+ years of high quality, relevant experience of applying industrial design throughout the product development process
- Excellent communication and presentation skills across all levels of an organisation
- The ambition to explore new technologies and materials to enable the delivery of a product vision
- High level proficiency in 3D CAD (Pro-Engineer or SolidWorks) and rendering techniques
- The enthusiasm to initiate, facilitate and participate in creative thinking sessions and brainstorms
- Use of user-centred design methodologies and exposure to Human Factors research techniques
- Use of visual brand language techniques as well as exposure to design trends and semiotics
- An intuitive understanding of mechanical engineering – the ability to devise clever mechanical solutions for complex problems
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Professional development into a variety of technical, business and leadership roles.
- Participation in a fast moving, world class business, with the opportunity to make a visible contribution to the success and growth of the business.
When you apply for this vacancy, please include a short description of an activity or project you were involved in, explaining the positive difference that your drive and insight made to the outcome.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Skills and Experience
- You will take an active role in developing new business and building client relationships
- You will provide strategic input and leadership to help champion and build the role of design at TTP
- You will support user research activities and help translate insights in to meaningful design directions
- You will help visualise and think through complex systems and problems
- Help shape and visualise new technology and product opportunities
- Working across multi-functional teams you will help to design beautiful products that are safe and easy to use
- You will help bolster understanding & offering in branded design
- You will manage external design resources to help support key initiatives or large programs of work