We’re seeking a smart graduate to join a small team who can have an immediate impact, has the capacity to grow with the business and play a significant role in building our brand promoting our world-class conferences for the software industry.
The BLN runs some of the best regarded conferences in their fields. We have a well-established event programme with a plan for future growth. We’re seeking a smart graduate to join a small team who can have an immediate impact, has the capacity to grow with the business and play a significant role in building our brand and help promote our world-class conferences for the software industry.
You are fast-learning, energetic, with an interest in technology and marketing. We need a digital marketing executive to make sure our digital promotion is as good as the CEOs, Founders, and managers who attend our events.
The role will be focused on growing our established subscriber base, driving registrations for events using well established-channels, primarily social media, blogging, SEO, adwords, email marketing and video content. You’ll also travel and attend events as part of the team, getting to know our audience of entrepreneurs and investors.
The Marketing Executive should possess the following skills and experiences:
- Good grasp of English writing for copywriting purposes
- Commercial awareness – the ability to negotiate and deal with suppliers to the benefit of the business.
- An interest in the world of technology and entrepreneurship
- Hands on experience maintaining social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Previous experience of email marketing campaigns, HTML experience a plus
- Understanding of web CMS and previous experience of using WordPress
- Familiarity with analytics and online measurement tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience in marketing automation is a plus
- A degree level education (in marketing, business or similar)
- Some graphic design ability is an advantage (eg InDesign, Adobe Illustrator)
- A self-motivated person, keen to learn and to share that learning with others
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and able to work to deadlines
- Able to work independently and on own initiative with minimum instruction
- Can work collaboratively with a team and build close working relationships, and lead within this group when required Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and react promptly to potential problems
- Willing to travel overseas occasionally, including the United States
- Flexibility to look beyond the job description and muck-in when required
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn, and happy to ride the wave of change in a fast-paced environment, while looking to shape the change and put their own stamp on the business themselves.
This is a busy role which requires the ability to work to deadlines, manage time effectively, learn from others and work under their own steam. For the right candidate, this could become a broader business role over time as there are plenty of opportunities to take a wider role in the business. Hours of work are 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday.
Sound like you?
Get in touch - apply today.