We’re looking for a key, senior hire to work with the CEO and team to grow the business aggressively whilst maintaining the reputation of our existing events.
The BLN runs some of the best regarded conferences in their fields. We have a well-established event programme with a plan for future growth. In Brief We’re looking for a key, senior hire to work with the CEO and team to grow the business aggressively whilst maintaining the reputation of our existing events.
The Executive will, working closely with the CEO, develop and execute the commercial potential of the business and drive the growth and development of the organisation from ticket sales, sponsorships, commercial arrangements as identified with the CEO. Overseeing all activities around marketing, PR, selling and relationship building activities.
This role would suit an energetic, enthusiastic, individual with proven business development, marketing and business building skills and interest and knowledge of technology. As well as being a major contributor to the growth of the business, the successful candidate will have plenty of scope to make the role their own. Accountability This role will be directly accountable to the CEO. It will include significant involvement in the development and execution of the growth strategy and plan.
- Business Development, Ticket Sales, Sponsorships, Beyond
- Manage relationships with current sponsors.
- Identify and develop relationships with potential sponsors.
- Supporting the development of the content of BLN events.
- Develop targeted campaigns to generate awareness and drive subscriber growth and event ticket sales.
- Manage and maintain active sponsorship sales pipeline.
- Explore potential for future events and successful commercial partnerships.
Marketing & Public Relations
- Coordinate marketing activities and lead the marketing team to support the growth of the business.
- Supervise the communications, marketing and PR activities of the organisation, including:
- Social Media presence.
- Brand management – ensure that anything front facing is consistent with the brand - website, messaging, design, email, social media
- Oversee email marketing activity and development and growth of mailing lists
- Manage PR activity, building relationships with local and national newspapers, key bloggers, multipliers etc.
- Manage journalists at events
- Create all marketing collateral for events.
- Manage and develop the marketing team