We are actively looking for technical talents to join our EMEA Cloud Product Specialist team. In this role, you'll become a trusted advisor to our clients and prospects and an expert advocate for our Platform, helping our partners to get as much value out of our Platform as possible.
- Work as part of the Sales team to identify and qualify Platform opportunities and determine if Google Cloud Platform is right for them. Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Take responsibility for leading the technical project including such activities as technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments. Travel frequently around EMEA for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data), as well as cloud market, competitive dynamics and customer buying behavior.
- Experience in advanced networking matters, like Software-Defined Networking, Network Virtualization, Open Protocols, Application Acceleration and Load Balancing, and Virtual Private Networks.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Extensive experience serving as technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with installing, optimizing and maintaining large cross-country networks, leveraging both traditional and innovative protocol frameworks.
- Working knowledge of Main Traditional Routing Protocols, TCP/IP, MPLS-VPN, IPSEC, Load Balancing, Network Security, DNS, Encryption, and QoS.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.