As we continue to expand our business, we have identified an opportunity for a business developer to complement our design team in seeking new clients and opportunities. Your role will be to capitalise on our award-winning reputation to cement new partnerships with clients who value our unique approach.
Dovetailed is an award-winning design studio and innovation lab based in Cambridge, UK. We focus on the design of innovative, intuitive and meaningful user experiences across a broad range of consumer, medical, 3D printing and digital products. Our innovations in 3D printing and shopping technology are gaining lots of media attention. Alongside this we work on UX for award winning software for our clients.
As we continue to expand our business, we have identified an opportunity for a business developer to complement our design team in seeking new clients and opportunities. Our disruptive approach to design, research and innovation has led to many awards and attention from international media; your role will be to capitalise on this and cement new partnerships with clients who value our unique approach.
- Winning new business to drive company growth in specific sectors
- Identifying new sectors and markets for Dovetailed to target, and contributing to our business strategy going forwards
- Harnessing our design team’s expertise and being able to sell this passionately and credibly
- Nurturing existing relationships with clients, and building long-term rapport
- Raising the profile of Dovetailed through marketing, professional speaking opportunities and PRs
- Good honours degree (2:1 or above) in a design or services related field
- Established track-record of winning new business and building lasting relationships with new clients
- Experience in converting leads into successful sales
- Interest in new and emerging technologies and their relevance to the design of products and services
- Enjoys working closely with our team to write proposals and grant applications
- Ability to tell a convincing story around the benefits of user-led, disruptive innovation with multidisciplinary teams
- Able to manage own time and workload
- Great communication skills and confident negotiator
- Existing network of contacts in relevant fields
- Experience of contract negotiation
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, covering letter and salary expectations.