Reporting to VP Engineering, the Principal Engineer is responsible for leading a development team, collaborating in solution design with Technical Product Managers, and delivery of roadmap projects, ensuring business goals are met. As a Principal Engineer, you will be a hands-on lead developer directing a team of developers, responsible for technical design for future product needs.
The Principal Engineer works closely with the architect team and development management to ensure the engineering team delivers forward thinking technical solutions to the requirements from the Technical Product Managers
- Provides technical leadership to a development team, leveraging excellent hands-on technical skills as well as best practices on technical solution design, architecture and implementation.
- Jointly responsible with other principal engineers and team leads for the product development roadmap delivery, working closely with the Scrum Master and Technical Product Managers to highlight and remove impediments as well as manage prioritization.
- Liaises with system, software and data architects to ensure product and solution designs are performing, scalable and meeting future customer needs
- Works in partnership with the Scrum Master to ensure process is followed, reviewed and optimized to ensure maximum team efficiency.
- Responsible for smooth deployment of software by the team, performing delicate manual deployments as needed and assisting migration to automated deployment as part of Continuous Integration
- Line manages a small team of software engineers, maintaining their motivation and contributing to their personal development aspirations.
- Provides leadership on support issues, facilitating prioritization of tasks and focus, including providing out of hours support if essential.
- Works in partnership with VP Engineering on career development of software engineers, highlighting future needs based on roadmap and technical challenges
- Ensures internal project delivery requiring development work is appropriately prioritized, resourced and collaborates with Scrum Master to ensure progress and impediments are communicated regularly and at appropriate escalation points.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft .NET development stack.
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration & Delivery methodologies and implementation, ensuring the team use these techniques effectively.
- Good architectural and solution design skills for distributed and cloud-hosted technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, understanding of processes and workflows.
- High personal integrity and self-motivation with a can-do, will-do attitude.
- Good knowledge of SQL as well as NoSQL and other distributed and scalable database technologies.
- Previous experience of line management, coaching and mentoring.
- Certification in Scrum methodologies.
- Certification in Microsoft .NET development stack.
Working at Bango
At Bango you'll enjoy fast-paced, challenging and stimulating work within a small team. Our decision making is quick and we work to short development cycles. Everyone gets involved in team-based projects and decisions regardless of their role or job level. We strive to make everyone feel an important part of Bango and that they can make a difference. The company is growing and has achieved success worldwide, but the best is yet to come. We are looking for enthusiastic and committed people to join us to keep up our pace of innovation and leadership.
25 days holiday (increasing to 28 with service), share options and flexible start and finish times. For more information on Bango Benefits go to bango.com/careers If you think this role is for you, send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES