We are presently seeking a Research Analyst to join our expanding Research team in London. Develop industry-leading enterprise services research as a Research Analyst in our telecoms research division.
Who We Are
Over the last 30 years, Analysys Mason has operated on the forefront of the telecoms, technology and media sector, helping to shape these industries by providing unrivalled advisory and market intelligence services to organizations and governments worldwide. Our skill-set covers multiple disciplines and our projects are diverse – across sectors and across the globe. We possess a universal outreach and market understanding through our established teams across Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa & the Americas’.
We are presently seeking a Research Analyst to join our expanding Research team in London. Develop industry-leading enterprise services research as a Research Analyst in our telecoms research division. The successful application will research and write reports for our three enterprise services research programmes exploring traditional (e.g. broadband) and new (e.g. cloud) services for SMEs and large enterprises. The successful candidate will work alongside colleagues involved in IoT, Consumer, Fixed and Wireless Networks, Data and Regional Markets analysis, and Telecoms Software.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Building the new enterprise research practice.
- Working alongside the research director and the programme leader, the successful applicant will play a role in helping to develop Analysys Mason’s new enterprise coverage.
- Collect data via desk-based (published material, internal library, Internet) and primary (interviews, surveys, questionnaires) research.
- Develop well-structured deliverables with insightful analysis in PowerPoint or Word, often underpinned by Excel-based modelling.
- Supporting the production of content.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting on-going delivery of content for the enterprise services research practice.
- This will involve producing content such as strategy reports and short comment pieces
- Supporting the broader enterprise research practice. This will include contributing to presentations and responding to client enquiries.
- Proactively develop market knowledge and expertise by tracking industry developments and telecoms companies’ strategies.
- Set standards for timely preparation of deliverables and drive other team members to deliver high-quality and in-depth analyses.
Working for Us
At Analysys Mason we value sharp, enquiring minds; people who want to be challenged, who thrive on real responsibility and who can solve complex problems. Working in a fast paced team, hard work and project success delivers accelerated career advancement, with a clearly defined career path guided by our first class training and development programmes. Our established international locations will provide critical global exposure, as well as an opportunity to build and enhance your learning & development.
Who We Are Looking For
- The suitable candidate will have an applied interest in the TMT (Telecoms, Media & Technology)
- Holding a University Degree from a leading global educational institute with a minimum 2(i) grade. Applications are particularly welcome from graduates in engineering, economics, and other sciences, though applications will also be considered from highly numerate graduates in other fields
- Experience in the telecoms industry with a telco, vendor, research/consulting firm, or other organisation with a telecoms focus (e.g. journalist with a telecoms or enterprise focus) is highly desirable
- Ability to cope under pressure and face challenges with minimal supervision
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Written and presentation skills
- Communications skills
- Experience with VBA for Excel would be welcomed.