As a Software Development Manager at Amazon you will lead a team of engineers in the design, development, test and deployment of your services. You display a thorougher technical understanding of your teams' services and own your teams' road map. You have operational ownership of the services your team deploys and are focused on excellence. You're invested in the development of your team and hire exceptional new talent to join them. You have excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking full service ownership of your teams
- Reporting on the project tracking, quality metrics, operational standards, and system performance;
- Delivering against project plans and program commitments;
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the teams within an Agile/Scrum environment;
- Hiring engineers and other roles to continue to grow the teams;
- Coaching and developing the engineers to maintain standards and to drive career growth for your direct reports;
- Working closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Building a culture around technical excellence and strong delivery
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
Strong technical credentials, with at least 3 years experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience;
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
A strong track record of project delivery;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Masters, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, productive software engineers.