If you have strong C++ knowledge and a good understanding of CPU or GPU architecture ARM has a fantastic opportunity to develop a career within our core CPU group.
The CPU group in Cambridge has produced some of the company’s most successful products with processors designed by this group being shipped in billions of designs in use around the world today. This team has been responsible for developing processors from high-end A-class parts such as the Cortex-A53, one of ARM’s first 64 bit processors, through to microcontrollers in the M-class series such as the Cortex-M0+.
The performance modelling team within the CPU group produces simulation models of leading edge processor architectures. ARM is looking to grow our performance modelling capability in order to drive the micro-architecture and further improve the performance of the ARM CPUs.
The key objectives of this role include:
- Contribute to the development, testing, and maintenance of software models for ARM’s advanced CPUs
- To work with hardware design engineers to understand the performance of current and future micro-architectural features and help make appropriate design decisions.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of ARM modelling methodologies.
- This role requires close interaction with ARM development teams working on micro-architecture design, advanced architectures, software development, and validation.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Basic understanding of CPU (or possibly GPU) architecture
- Strong C/C++ skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Performance Modelling, Simulation, Software Development or benchmarking Performance Analysis
- Experience creating models of complex IP.
- Experience with RTL and SystemC simulators.
- Familiarity with System Verilog and RTL verification flows.
- Experience working on software projects in collaboration with a large multi-site team.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.