This is a chance to use skills and experience applying distributed ledger and blockchain technologies to make a difference to the UK and help many companies accelerate, as well as leading on cutting-edge innovation projects with partners across the commercial and academic world.
The Digital Catapult helps startups grow and scale faster and it helps larger corporates in their digital transformation. We do this through programmes of collaboration and open innovation, by bringing academic leading edge expertise into the mix combined with the organisations’ own business and technological expertise.
We work across a range of technology layers:
Connected: including the Internet of Things and applications of 5G
Immersive: including virtual and augmented reality
Data-driven: including trust in the use of personal data, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies and cybersecurity
Intelligent: including machine learning and artificial intelligence
The lead technologist for each area works closely with technology team members and people across our organisation to initiate and develop new innovation projects, seek R&D funding, work with our corporate partners and help startups through our open innovation programmes, and build pilots, test environments and trials to accelerate the deployment of new technologies and business models. This is a chance to use skills and experience applying distributed ledger and blockchain technologies to make a difference to the UK and help many companies accelerate, as well as leading on cutting-edge innovation projects with partners across the commercial and academic world. Digital Catapult is currently focusing on three market sectors: digital manufacturing, creative industries, while we are also exploring opportunities in digital health.
Active distributed ledger project include:
1. Leading on new decentralised and distributed ledger technologies for building decentralised autonomous organisations in manufacturing
2. Smart contracts for IP management for creative teams and marketplaces
3. New architectures for multi-stakeholders IoT infrastructures, data access and exchange, including for the digital health sector
Act as a technology leader for decentralised / distributed ledgers and scalable systems. The work involved will be in one of the following areas:
- With a clear understanding of the marketplace and key trends, own and contribute to the ongoing technical requirements to enable execution of the Digital Catapult strategy
- Define the internal technical strategy and direction together with key team members
- Co-lead the preparation of collaborative R&D funding proposals and the subsequent delivery of R&D projects
- Support the preparation and subsequent delivery of proposals to commercial customers within the UK
- Lead on technology requirements, delivery and architecture for blockchain and smart contracts projects
- As specific market interventions are identified, work to create platforms, frameworks, architecture, standards; assist with development and delivery
- Evangelise the Digital Catapult’s mission and key opinions within your area to a wide audience and into technical communities
- Work across the organisation to ensure shared knowledge of the programme’s technical direction
MENTORING AND PARTNERSHIPS
- Participate in open innovation activities as an expert and mentor for startups and corporates, including detailed technical consulting at times
- Build networks across the UK’s academic, startup and industry communities
Technical Capabilities and Experience
- Broad technical architecture experience with distributed ledger, blockchain technologies and decentralised applications
- Demonstrated technical leadership in multifunctional and cross-disciplinary teams.
- Experience of communication of complex technology programmes to both specialist and more general audiences
- Successful experience of working in an R&D environment and capability to gain instant credibility in a senior R&D technology community
- Wide understanding of current technology debates in the areas including distributed ledgers and their economic implications and sustainability, blockchain, cryptocurrencies and cryptography, decentralised systems and markets, consensus algorithms, smart contracts
- Outstanding presenter and communicator to a wider range of business, technical and political audiences with ability to present complex issues in a simple way
- Participation in open source projects
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Bitcoin/Bitcoin scripting, Ethereum/Solidity/Truffle, Hyperledger and its frameworks
- Hands on experience, ideally in a commercial environment using modern web stack and cloud technologies such as git, AWS, common devops tools.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active and self-confident, adaptable and able to cope with ambiguity, changing and evolving priorities whilst being able to identify new opportunities
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills, with a creative and flexible attitude
- Experience managing groups of stakeholders for complex projects
- Very collaborative working style; desire and ability to share ideas
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field, post graduate degree of advantage
Travel: On average 25% across UK and Europe.
Please follow link to apply: https://digitalcatapult.secure.force.com/hr/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN429