As the leader for the Software Technology Management team you will be working with your team, ARM stakeholders and key customers to gather and prioritise requirements for software enablement and optimization, and develop strategies to satisfy these requirements using internal resources and working the ARM ecosystem and wider software communities.
This includes communication to all stakeholders, via presentations, media, including digital channels. As a member of the Business Segments Group, which has a bridging function across ARM’s CPU and System IP teams, you will be part of a team of technology managers who are addressing the growing demand for software in new markets for ARM.
Job Purpose & Accountabilities
Software Technology Managers target strategic delivery of software across a variety of components and across multiple segments and communities. Key to the role is an understanding of the software development flow and an ability to engage with key decision makers, both internally and externally. This includes the ability to highlight the advantages of the ARM software ecosystem, as well as being able to position it against the competition. The ability to develop material around the capabilities and opportunities for Enterprise software is important in this role.
- Line management responsibility for a team of Software Technology Managers
Owning the component roadmaps, with your team, and driving the vision for software enablement and optimization activities for the multiple segments, driving alignment and collaboration between those segments through a variety of open source projects
- Working closely with architects and technology leads, directly engaging with internal and external software development teams
- Performing competitive analysis and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of ARM-based solutions versus the competition
- Collaborating with segment product managers to ensure ARMs software teams are working on the right solutions for evolving markets
- Developing business cases for proposed features, articulating value proposition
- Working with the Marketing Communications team to plan and execute product promotions, events, tradeshows and seminars
- Evangelizing in open source communities and enthuse customers and sales forces with the software offering, including participating in customer meetings, sales meetings, and training.
A successful candidate will be flexible, with a variety of skills and a commitment to extend the breadth and depth of their knowledge.
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in a numerate subject, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven track record in developing and delivering software to customers in multiple segments, which would include an understanding of the elements comprising a typical SW stack (from firmware and boot flow to OS and applications)
- Experience in working with one or more of the major open source communities
- Demonstrable experience with creation and management of software requirements
- Broad experience in a technical sales or marketing role
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively with other team members, customers and suppliers - formulating and executing on strategy
- Motivation to work unsupervised, but as an integral part of a local developer team, as well as part of a globally distributed marketing team
- Comfortable with the requirement to travel, since at least 25% of this role may involve international travel
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Product management experience from previous roles
- High level understanding of the Mobile, Enterprise Server and Networking segment software
- Software Development experience
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events