Our Audio design team are recruiting for an Audio Technician/Junior Acoustic Engineer to work on the development of professional mobile digital radio products.
Based in our Waterbeach development centre the applicant will report to the Baseband Team Leader and will work with the audio team during the whole lifecyle of product development from concept and prototype stages, through to production and support.
The candidate should have a strong interest in audio and electronics, be willing to learn new skills and be adaptable to meet the requirements of a widely varied role.
- Audio and acoustic testing and optimisation against specifications
- Transducer selection and evaluation
- Fault finding and repair of acoustic and audio design issues
- Design, produce and repair application specific test jigs
- Document designs and test in accordance with Company standards
- Provide customer support for audio and acoustic field issues
- Work with other disciplines (mechanical, electronics, DSP) to create and execute test procedures
- Liaise with component suppliers and obtain samples and quotes
- Provide general engineering support to development activities
- Timely completion of all tasks allocated by the project/team leaders or developers
- Additional duties as the business requires
- NVQ level 2 or above in STEM subjects
- NVQ level 3 or above in engineering
- Soldering – be able to fit and replace SMT components such as 0201 passives and fine pitch ICs.
- Use of test equipment – Digital Oscilloscope, DVM etc.
- Basic electronics and audio circuit design including schematic entry
- Experience of product design through a full design cycle
- Head and Torso simulation
- Writing test software or scripting to create repeatable automated test environments
- Use of audio measurement equipment (CLIO)
- Knowledge of basic audio electronic and acoustic principles
- Knowledge of TETRA/ GSM/ DECT handset or accessory design
- Working knowledge of acoustic safety standards and acoustic quality measurement techniques (ITU P.360 and PESQ)
- Office skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to diverse audiences
- Audio signal processing techniques
- Acoustic design
- Conscientious, reliable and enthusiastic worker who takes pride in their work
- Self-driven, motivated and able to use own initiative
- Quality concsious with good attention to detail
- Gets on well with others across multiple disciplines
- Works well in a small focussed team, sometimes against tight deadlines
- Willing to travel on occasion (expenses will be covered)