Reporting to the Hardware Team Lead, the successful candidate will take ownership of existing factory test system & scripts for the Zinwave DAS, and lead the development of new RF design validation, calibration and factory test solutions for future generations of the Zinwave product hardware.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the manufacturing/operations team to support and maintain the existing production test and RF calibration solutions. Modify the existing test scripts as needed to address any obsolescence, yield or performance issues. Update the scripts to support any new revisions of hardware.
- Work closely with the RF and hardware development engineers in the Hardware Team. Review RF design validation testing (DVT) plans, and develop test scripts to automate RF and optical DVT. Implement RF calibration solutions and other factory test solutions to enable successful and timely new product introduction.
- Assist with building and calibrating the RF and optical test setups used for hardware DVT and factory testing. Help specify and source any test equipment required.
- Assist with executing the automated RF and optical DVT on new revisions of the DAS hardware, and document the results produced. Help investigate and resolve any issues that arise during design validation or production testing.
Skills & Experience Required:
- A good technical qualification in a relevant field.
- Significant experience automating design validation and/or production testing of RF and/or optical hardware, ideally using Visual Basic and Labview/Teststand.
- Experience with new product introduction and developing and supporting factory test solutions.
- Significant experience with RF and/or optical test equipment and RF measurement techniques.
- Some prior experience with standards such as TETRA, GSM, WCDMA, LTE.
- Ability to understand RF block diagrams and schematics and use CAD tools for review purposes, and a reasonable appreciation of electronic hardware and product development.
- Use of Excel/VBA for analysis & presentation of test results.
- A quick learner who can rapidly get up to speed on our product.
- Diligent & methodical with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Familiarity with RF regulatory testing for TETRA, GSM, WCDMA, LTE.
- Any experience with RF over fibre or optical transmission.
- Any experience with Distributed Antenna Systems or Cellular Base-stations or Small Cells.