A leading from of accountants who are based just South of Cambridge are looking for a driven bookkeeper AAT to join their team. You will work in a supportive environment and you will be flexible in your approach and work collaboratively.
The company culture is the key to the business success and this is a real opportunity to work with an ambitious medium sized accountancy firm where your good work will make a real difference.
As a bookkeeper you will have;
- Strong technical knowledge, from either practice or industry
- Be a strong team player, someone who thinks in solutions, not in problems
- Be a person with the desire to develop
Key responsibilities include:
- Full range of bookkeeping duties, including purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control
- Understanding and application of double entry
- Understand VAT requirements, concepts and calculations
- Ensure year end files are complete with back up schedules
- Assist in preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Full understanding of requirements and assist in preparing CIS returns
- Develop working relationships with client
- Use excellent written and oral communication
- Become familiar with all relevant software used by the Firm, including Singleview, Practice Engine and Sage.
We would like someone who is able to hit the ground running, and while not a trainee role we would happily support someone who is studying for their ACCA/CIMA. The role is not within day access to public transport, so having a car is essential. If this sounds like a good fit for you and you are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop, then please apply today!
Job Type: Full-time Salary: £28,000.00 to £33,000.00 /year