We are looking for a Senior Engineer to deploy and develop tools and develop support software for Samsung’s range of wireless chips.
This role involves helping to scope, develop and deploy tools through the entire software lifecycle including design, implementation, test, debug and support. The systems will include, but not limited to, defect tracking systems, documentation control systems, storage systems, the continuous integration solution, the build system for both the firmware and host code, and release systems. There may be some travel to customer sites to provide hands-on debug and support of issues. You will be given the opportunity to grown in the role, potentially taking ownership of components within a project and be responsible for the delivery of that component.
- Contribute towards time estimation;
- Contribute towards design documentation;
- Develop, deploy and test software and applications within complex systems within agreed timescales;
- Track versioning of applications ensuring that the most appropriate version is in use, and up grading where needed;
- Delivery of high quality software solutions in line with the department’s processes;
- Contribute towards the design, implementation and maintenance of build systems
- Contribute towards the design, implementation and maintenance of continuous integration systems
- Maintenance of applications including defect investigation;
- Contribute towards the continuous development of the department’s processes;
- Conduct reviews of peers work
- Create relevant documentation following the department’s processes;
- Develop tests and scripts to exercise solutions being implemented
- Support the development at customer sites. This may require occasional foreign travel.
- Degree (or equivalent qualification/ experience) in maths/science/software/electronics/computing
- Understanding of a scripting language such as Python or Perl
- Understanding of software design techniques
- Understanding of debug techniques and tools
- Awareness of configuration management
- Effective team player
- Good communicator
- Excellent problem solving ability and tenacity in finding root cause for complex issues
- Experience in development and maintenance of build systems
- Experience in development and maintenance of continuous integration systems
- Experience of embedded multi-processor systems and inter-processor communication techniques
- Experience with PHP
- Red Hat Linux experience
- Ubuntu Linux experience
- Net App Storage
- Experience in Database management
Samsung Cambridge is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.