You will be working for…
A not for profit company with a simple ethos, to help its members network, learn and grow. The membership is made up of a diverse and exciting range of technology companies and the CW team champion everything on behalf of our members.
We are a close-knit team of events, business development and marketing professionals. We listen to the needs of our members to create relevant and meaningful events alongside Special Interest Group (SIG) champions who are industry professionals and form part of the network. As we’re a small team, everyone can try their hand in a wide range of job activities and event planning, website updates, copywriting, business administration and marketing. It also means the whole team can impact the company moving forward.
That said, we have an ambitious plan for 2017/18 which includes relocating to a state-of-the-art technology centre. We are planning more events which means we require additional marketing support to join us on this journey.
In this role, you will be…
- Working alongside the Marketing Manager to help support the Event Managers
- Creating content for the company’s website
- Helping in the creation of email marketing campaigns to promote upcoming events and flagship conferences
- Writing blog posts
- Assisting the Event Managers with event preparation and administration
- Keeping the membership database up-to-date
- Promoting members’ news and events across social media
- Supporting the development of a content plan
- Maintaining and promoting member jobs
- Creating social media graphics
- Providing creative design input for all marketing collateral
- Proofing event and website copy
- Assisting with member relationships – including contacting them via email and on the phone
We can offer….
- Alongside your formal training provider, you will be supported by the Marketing Manager throughout your work placement which will involve regular 1-2-1 sessions.
- CW will be happy to subsidise travel and lunch which can be discussed during the recruitment phase.
- A modern, smart co-working office with monthly work socials arranged by Central Working
- Flexible working - we appreciate the daily commute can get tiresome, so working from home 1-2 days per week can be discussed
- Above minimum wage hourly rate
The ideal candidate for this role will need:
- Organisational skills
- A willingness to work as part of a team but also independently
- Dedication; you will provide a real contribution to the company’s marketing efforts
- Personality; you will be resilient, confident and inquisitive!
- 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including English Language/Literature
- Social media knowledge – basic knowledge of Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn is desirable
- Some basic technical know-how in terms of Microsoft Office or a keenness to learn basic Microsoft skills
Although school subjects are important, we are very interested in knowing what students get up to alongside their studies. Perhaps you have a passion for design, writing or social media? Any supporting artworks or written examples would support a student’s application process.
How to apply…
To consider applications fairly and equally, please send a covering letter and CV along with any aforementioned supporting documents to email@example.com